Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Picture Project

My scrapbooking daughter-in-law, Crystal, gave me a really cool Christmas present. She'd heard of a kit available called Project 365, where a photo is taken every day and put into a prepared scrapbook. When she went to order the kit, they were unavailable, but she decided that we (that would be Crystal, her mother, Cindy, and myself) didn't need some stinkin' kit and we could do it ourselves.

I was quite relieved when Crystal came up with her own kit idea for me, since I'm not too skilled at the scrapbooking thing. My part of the project is to take the pictures.



The first step is remembering to take the camera when I go places. I did ok when I was at my folks because I had all my stuff in one place. Here at home it's a bit more hit and miss as to where my things are. I've found myself halfway to where I'm going, realizing that the camera is...somewhere else. I shall endeavor to get over that real soon.

Here's a sample of the photos so far. I'm really looking forward to this project; already I'm thankful for the pictures I've got. It will be a precious book, chronicling a year that is sure to be eventful.



...On New Year's Day, my mom and I went shopping for some household accessories.




I'm not too sure about this home handyman stuff, but I gave it a go on Jan. 2.





By the 9th, I was hitting Dad's den, trying to figure out his filing system. Had to call in reinforcements...




But then, back home on the 13th, to my knight in plaid flannel.





And finally, on Friday, the 16th, Shawn and I trying to figure out how to make rude gestures.




Like I said, it looks like an eventful year ahead.

3 comments:

crystal said...

You've got a nice collection of photos going. I can't wait to see the rest! I am so excited we can do this together. I will keep checking in... and don't forget to journal about the photos so you don't forget. Also, thanks so much for the hair dryer. Evan loves it when I take the extra 60 seconds (since that's how long it takes now with the new one) to do up my hair. Talk to you soon!

shawnalyne said...

they are only rude if people know what they mean. right?

Kathryn said...

Well, that's how I look at it. So I figure if I use the New Zealand rude gesture at American bad drivers, most of them won't know it and I'll have vented and road rage won't ensue.