Thursday, July 16, 2009

Post Vacation






You've already read about what I did on my vacation. So here are a few things done since then...

My mule, Danny, got a new saddle made while we were trekking cross-country, so I've gotten out on him a few times. I come home with a grin on my dusty face saying, "I love this mule. He's the best one ever!!" This makes my husband smile, possibly because he didn't have to shell out lots of money for this wonderful animal but more likely because he's the sort of man who gets a kick out of seeing his wife happy.


Goddy and I went to an investment meeting last week. Well, ok, it wasn't really for investment purposes but the races in Prineville were a heck of a lot of fun.




We studied up the form, watched the horses parade around the paddock, then headed off to the betting window to put $3 on the one with the brightest silks or shiniest coat. Well, I did anyway and made a return of $3.60 on one race.


Our $20 stake ran out about the time we were feeling pretty tired from all the excitement, so we headed home before all the patrons in the whiskey bar hit the road.

Today my friend, Becky, and I hiked up Iron Mt., a small hill (compared to say, Mt. Jefferson) in the Cascade foothills west of Sisters.


We'd heard that the wildflowers there were at their showiest. We sure weren't disappointed in God's landscaping plan.

What a treat for the eye, and the nose too as we hiked through the perfume of old growth forest. Neither of us could believe we've lived here for 10 years and not made this wildflower pilgrimage. We vowed to reform and wear out our hiking shoes.


Summer in Sisters is here at last, and I'm ready to enjoy it!

No comments: